The Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD) is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. It is a fully funded scholarship for one semester of non-degree academic study at an assigned U.S. college or university. Participants are emerging leaders committed to their home communities. During the Program, Global UGRAD participants challenge themselves to explore U.S. society, culture, and academic learning. They also participate in community service and enhance their professional skills.
The Global UGRAD Program is open to anyone who is/has:
- over 18 years of age by the start of their program.
- a citizen of Azerbaijan, currently residing in the country.
- enrolled as an undergraduate in good standing at any accredited Azerbaijani university, public or private, and has at least one semester remaining at their home university at the conclusion of the Global UGRAD Program.
- has a solid command of written and spoken English (English Language training for some finalists is possible);
- able to begin studies in the U.S. in August 2023 or January 2024 (selected participants may not defer to a later date);
- eligible to receive and maintain the U.S. student exchange visa (J-1) required for the program;
cleared by a physician to participate in the program.
- Committed to returning to their home country after the completion of the program.
Individuals in the following circumstances are not eligible for the Global UGRAD Program:
- Citizens and permanent residents of the U.S.
- Individuals currently studying, residing, or working outside of their home country.
- Anyone who has already graduated from university
- Local employees of the U.S. missions abroad who work for the U.S. Department of State and/or the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID); employees are also ineligible for one year following the termination of employment.
- Immediate family members (i.e., spouses and children) of U.S. Department of State and USAID employees; family members are also ineligible for one year following the termination of employment.
- Current World Learning employees and their immediate family members.
- Recent graduates of the FLEX and SUSI program
Application link: https://webportalapp.com/sp/closed/ugrad_student_application_2023
Deadline: December 15, 2022.
For application information and instructions, please visit: https://az.usembassy.gov/ugrad/