Who can apply?
Candidates eligible for this program will:
- be between 18 and 25 years of age
- demonstrate an interest in the topic of Civic Engagement. .
- demonstrate English language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing, listening).
- have at least one semester left of their undergraduate studies and be committed to returning to their home universities following completion of the program.
- demonstrate strong leadership qualities and potential in their university and community activities.
- indicate a serious interest in learning about the United States.
- have a sustained high level of academic achievement, as indicated by grades, awards, and teacher recommendations.
- demonstrate commitment to community service and extracurricular university activities.
- have little or no prior study or travel experience in the United States or elsewhere outside of their home country.
- be comfortable with campus life, prepared to share living accommodations, and able to adjust to cultural and social practices different from those of their home country.
Candidates should have little or no prior experience in the United States!
- Online Application Deadline: November 15, 2022
- Based on application review and interviews, U.S. Embassy will select and nominate one candidate from Azerbaijan.
- Late May/early June 2023 – Program in U.S.
- Please, send your application form and update resume with the subject “SUSI for Students 2023” to BakuEducation@state.gov
For further information you can check our website: SUMMER 2023 STUDY OF THE U.S. INSTITUTES (SUSIs) PROGRAM FOR STUDENT LEADERS - U.S. Embassy in Azerbaijan (usembassy.gov)